Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Daily Cross

I’d like to have a proper burial
For all the things I’ve left undone
Words unsaid, love unspoken
Times I walk instead of run

I want praise so oft I dangle
Gracious acts of kindness wrought
To be viewed from every angle
By the ones whose praise I’ve sought

Yet my heart in grief unmeasured
Knows the vacant stare of pain
I would die to know Your pleasure
Help me find Your heart again.

Lay me down beside these treasures
Take my life and let it be
One that fully always ever
Gives and lives and loves like Thee.

2 comments:

Judith Frost said...

Lovely poem, Joyce, especially knowing the fires from which it rose. Lovely
Blessings,
Judith

mamamelora said...

This really speaks to me. I'd love to be able to tie up all the loose ends and finish all the unfinished conversations and know that death wouldn't leave any of my business incomplete.