Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Surrender to Love

In the weeks following the traumatic event that left me a widow in December of 2012, I picked up a book, recommended several years earlier by a trusted friend: "Surrender to Love" by Dr. David Benner. It grounded me during the initial maelstrom of grief and prepared my heart and mind for venturing into a new life, knowing this unshakeable truth: I am carried by a God whose essence is unconditional Love and there is no fear in this Love.

Earlier in 2015, I was asked to write a poem on the same theme for the Good Friday service at my church. The video which follows is the end result. I am deeply grateful to have been a part of this, and my admiration and thanks go to the creative staff and volunteers at First Alliance Church who produced such a powerful video.

May you find this Love.


Good Friday at FAC - Surrendered to Love - #FACdefiningmoments
Posted by First Alliance Church Calgary on Friday, 3 April 2015

No comments: